Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Long time no see

So its been a long time since I posted on here. There's a multitude of reasons, a big one being the 18 credits I'm working on this semester. But no excuses here.

I have been anxiously awaiting our utility bill for weeks and it has arrived! I LOVE getting the gas/electric bill. Each month is a surpise to see how much we saved. This winter I'm especially excited due to the addition of our wood stove. I'm proud to report that not only is this the warmest winter on record in our house, but its by far the cheapest. According to the bill the average temperature was colder this Feb than last, but we still used 1/2 the dekatherms of gas when compared with last year! Hooray for $60 utility bills in the winter!

On the negative side our electricity use has gone up - I guess the days are longer now and the computers are constantly fired up thanks to school and work. Overall we used 135KWH this month - still much less than the "average" household, but hey we've always been several standard deviations from normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment